Manic Pandemic

Oy with the poodles already?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tacos, a no-go!

Just a quick entry to tell you about the little vegan taco's that couldn't. Brad and I eat a lot of tacos. We love them! So we decided to try the vegan tacos, after eating vegetarian tacos for years. Some of you may be wondering, what the hells the difference?

Well let me tell you, it's all in the cheese. Normally we use Yves Ground Round, salsa, tomatos, whatever we can find and marble cheese, LOTS of marble cheese.

This day, however, we tried out a different kind of ground round called LightLife Smart Ground, which I'm sure was good but I didn't get to taste much. It kind of mushed up a little in the frying pan. Anyways, vegan cheese is so gross to me (the kind I have anyways) and especially raw. So I thought, why don't I melt the cheese in with the 'meat' beforehand so I won't notice it. HUGE MISTAKE!

I took two bites and all I could taste was the cheese's disgusting chemically wierd taste. I couldn't take anymore bites. I'm sad to say that I threw my tacos out. I would have shared them with Brad, but he loved the tacos so much that he ate all his and couldn't eat anymore he was so stuffed.

Verdict: Keep trying Vegan Cheese to find the right one. Keep cheese separate from all other things in case you don't like cheese but could eat the rest of a dish!

Brad's Verdict: He likes tacos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home